Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
3 large eggs
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
2 cups plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 cups finely grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped (more for garnish)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
2. Beat sugar and oil until think and combined.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until combined. Should only take a minute.
4. Add salt, bicarb soda, carrots, flour, walnuts and spices and mix with a spoon.
5. Line cupcake trays with liners.
6. Spoon batter into the lined cupcake wells.
7. Bake for 15 mins. (I made mini cupcakes, so the baking
time would be shorter, about 10 mins)
TIP: To test whether it's cooked, take a tooth pic and insert into the middle of the cupcake. If it comes out clean then it's cooked through.
250 g spreadable cream cheese
1/2 a batch of Bertha's Frosting Recipe
1. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy
2. Spoon in 1/2 of the frosting and beat for 30 seconds.
3. Taste. If satisfactory, then frost the cooled cupcakes.
You can use the
rest of Bertha's Frosting, to pipe carrots ontop of the cupcakes, or chop some walnuts and sprinkle over the top of them.
You will definitely enjoy this cupcake! My entire family melted at the taste of it!