It's not winter yet, but it sure does feel like winter. Too cold to go out. But I desperately wanted to bake. I don't usually have much on hand, as I usually go out to buy what I need, when I need it, but I did have some frozen raspberries and white chocolate buttons left over from my mothers day panna cotta.
I've never had those "use whatever you have" moments, but I felt like this could be it.
The frosting actually doesn't use any icing sugar, but just plain ol' white sugar (I ran out of icing sugar!). You can find the recipe that I used here.
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cupcakes
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 plain flour
2 1/4 baking powder
180g white chocolate buttons (plus the amount of cupcakes your going to make. amount will vary according to the size of the cupcakes)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
1. Add flour and baking powder in a bowl and whisk.
2. Cut butter into cubes and put in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Keep repeating until melted.
3. Melt the white chocolate in the same way.
4. Add milk, vanilla, butter, eggs and melted chocolate with the flour and mix until just combined.
5. Line cupcake trays with liners and fill the liners about halfway.
6. Place a raspberry in each cupcake and top off with a white chocolate button.
7. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or until cooked through. (Insert a skewer and if it comes out clean then it's cooked all the way through.)
8. Allow to cool for about 30 mins and then frost.
My family loves them! I packed some for my sister and I to take to the office tomorrow. I guess thats the real test!